Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Grilled Fennel Salad

Friday, August 6, 2021

Grilled Fennel Salad

 by: Vaughan Myers-Jennings

I wasn’t a big vegetable eater as a kid (and, by God’s grace, didn’t have a mom who forced me to). However, with age came wisdom and by the time I hit my 30s...had reached a point where vegetables were actually a delicacy for me. With that said, I’m not the best shopper for fresh veggies, and I can get pretty repetitive when buying them. In comes the Norwood Food Co-op to save the day and provide me with a bi-weekly way to expand my veggie horizons. 

One example of this has been Fennel, a vegetable I had never eaten nor heard of before. Looked interesting, but how would I cook this? Well, one thing eating in the Summer has taught me is “when in doubt, grill!”  Grilling Fennel is fairly easy: cut off the stalks, slice the bulbs, brush bulbs with oil, add salt and pepper, and place on grill until you get a good char on each side. Add fresh herbs, and onions to make a very good salad. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment