Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Norwood CSA is the Best in the Bronx!

Monday, November 16, 2020

Norwood CSA is the Best in the Bronx!

by Kathi Carter Rodriguez

I know the title of this post is bias.  And, I’ve only been a member for a relatively short time, but I can say with confidence, while mimicking King Kong’s chest-pounding that we have the best CSA in the Bronx (dare I say in the entire New York City area).  Yeah, it’s a bit melodramatic, so I’ll expound. 

I joined Norwood CSA at the start of the year before COVID made its global debut and took center stage in our lives. When I signed up I was apprehensive because I didn’t know what to expect. However, being a part of the Norwood CSA for almost a year and participating in both the winter and summer shares allayed any reservation I may have had.  I am now a passionate advocate.  

I know that a tremendous amount of work behind the scenes, as well as, upfront goes into making our food co-op run smoothly. Our CSA is well managed and very organized. And, information is disseminated to our members superbly. I personally look forward to receiving emails a day before pick-up to alert us of the content of weekly shares.  One member recently compared receiving our weekly shares to a Christmas gift and I’m sure many of you share that sentiment.

I also want to give a round of applause to all of my follow volunteers because the concerted efforts of everyone has made this a wonderful year-long experience for me.  I won’t give any personal shout-outs, but as a whole, I feel that this IS the best CSA in the Bronx.  And, I’m looking forward to many years of being a part of this group. 

Next week is our last pickup for the summer/fall harvest.   The signup has begun for our Winter Food Share (deadline Sunday, December 13, 2020). I’d like to encourage as many people as possible to join us….you won’t regret it! ☺

Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment