Norwood CSA Food Co-op: If you're tired of cole slaw, sauerkraut or borscht...

Thursday, August 4, 2016

If you're tired of cole slaw, sauerkraut or borscht...

I really enjoy working through CSA problems in the kitchen.  One of my constants is what to do with an abundance of certain vegetables.  If you're fortunate enough to catch me during pick-up, you may here me muttering to myself !

I've been searching for a good cabbage recipe for a few years.  I recently came across this recipe for roasted cabbage: http://www.thekitchn.com/recipe-roasted-cabbage-with-bacon-recipes-from-the-kitchn-105338

Roasted in the oven, the cabbage takes on the delicious braised flavor of Brussels sprouts that I've come to love.  Vegetarians can omit the bacon without significant loss, although you might want to increase the olive oil amount.  As the author suggests, I served it over pasta.  I didn't try to get the girls to eat it, but to my surprise Hannah preferred this to the alternate veggie dish I made.  Score!

When the cabbages start piling up, I'd encourage folks to give this recipe a try.  Now if only I kind find something to do with all those kohlrabi...

No comments:

Post a Comment