Norwood CSA Food Co-op: When in Doubt, Stir-Fry! by Wendy Myers-Jennings

Tuesday, July 21, 2026

When in Doubt, Stir-Fry! by Wendy Myers-Jennings

When in Doubt, Stir-Fry! 

by Wendy Myers-Jennings 

This is our 4th or 5th CSA season and we are so excited to dive in to another summer and fall of yummy vegetables! For some reason, every year I have a hard time coming up with ways to prepare the vegetables we receive in the early weeks of the season. I am the only salad-eater in my home and since we tend to get a lot of lettuces and other leafy greens this time of year, I sometimes feel a bit lost as to what to cook. This year I am determined not to let this food go to waste; this week, my solution was a stir-fry!

Sautee pan on a stove with mixed vegetables and fava beans.  Photo by author.


In this stir-fry are fava beans, kale, green onions, and pac choi, along with a few non-CSA items. A simple sauce pulls it all together, served over rice. For the fava beans, in years past I blanched the beans to then peel the outer skin, but this year a CSA friend told me he never does! Verdict: I prefer the extra skin peeled, so blanching it is.

Enjoy!

Stir-fry adapted from the recipe, Rainbow Chicken Stir Fry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment