Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Beets, It's What's for...Dessert? by Vaughan Myers-Jennings

Monday, August 21, 2023

Beets, It's What's for...Dessert? by Vaughan Myers-Jennings

Beets, It's What's for...Dessert? 
by Vaughan Myers-Jennings 

Chocolate-beet brownie on a white plate.


Beet brownies. You probably look at these words and think, "those don't go together." At least that's what I thought when my wife told me that's how she was going to use the beets we received in our CSA. Dessert that tastes like vegetables, no thank you. 

Thankfully, my wife doesn't listen to me because the finished product was one of the best brownies I've ever had. Adding beets (actually pureed beets) to your brownie recipe actually makes them REALLY moist and REALLY decadent with a dark chocolate like flavor. You can find the recipe at https://selfproclaimedfoodie.com/beet-brownies/. Thank me (well, my wife) later.

 

********* 

Interested in learning more about the Norwood CSA?  Check out our Info Page: https://norwoodfoodcoop.blogspot.com/2021/10/how-to-join-norwood-csa.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment