Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Using My Entire Weekly Share by Patrice Hall

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Using My Entire Weekly Share by Patrice Hall

Some CSA members will look at the title of this blog post and think “Yeah right, my compost bin gets filled every week with limp veggies!”  However, this is my goal for this season, and so far I have failed 2 weeks, the most discarded veggie was the swiss chard.  This week I solved that problem by making a salad combining them with the dandelion greens, lettuce, cucumbers and zucchini.  A very tasty combo!


August will present its own share of challenges with the apples, I’m promising myself that I would can applesauce and freeze some for pies in the fall.  I’m also looking forward to finally making use of my pressure canner for soups and stews to store for winter.  With my busy schedule I have to carve out time to do this, and I want to study my Ball canning book beforehand (I also have to get the jars too).  


I find myself fortunate that this is such a bountiful season so far, with the current inflation and other supply chain problems I am happy for the problems I have.  I was a CSA member for 15 years and never experienced a bad season, and I hope that the winter season is as good as this one.  Looking forward to enjoying the summer season veggies during this fall and winter, and I hope to enjoy being a member for years to come.

 

*****

 

Interested in learning more about the Norwood CSA?  Check out our Info Page: https://norwoodfoodcoop.blogspot.com/2021/10/how-to-join-norwood-csa.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment