Norwood CSA Food Co-op: ROMANO BEANS WITH A THAI TWIST

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

ROMANO BEANS WITH A THAI TWIST

By Kathi Carter Rodriguez


My creative juices were astir as I opened this week’s veggie box.  Ah! Romano beans again. Not too long ago, I had never heard of them. Now, I totally dig them and can whip them into a quick side dish in 5 minutes flat.  

[Psst! If anyone wants to put a timer to this recipe---have at it]. 

Here we go:  While waiting for a cup of water to boil in a steamer pot*, I rinse and cut both ends of the beans.  When the water starts to boil, I place the beans in the steamer insert and cover the pot. I like my beans cooked al dente, so steaming them for 2 minutes is suffice for me. I pour the beans into a large mixing bowl and combine with coconut amino acids, rice vinegar, oil and a smidgen of honey.  Voila! 

INGREDIENTS**

  • Romano beans

  • Coconut amino acids (a Trader Joe’s gem)

  • Rice vinegar

  • Oil (coconut, avocado or olive)

  • Raw honey (a smidgen)


 Optional Enhancers

  • Dukkah (a Middle Eastern nut & spice blend; on occasion you can find it at Trader Joe’s)

  • Home roasted walnuts 


* To quicken the boiling process, cover the pot with a lid.  

** This is a no-measure recipe. So add the seasonings in small amounts and use your taste buds to gauge the suitable amounts. 


Don’t forget to follow us on Instagram and Facebook.  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment