Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Amaranth, Two Ways

Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Amaranth, Two Ways

By: Afua Baako



Hello CSA

This week was exciting with new items in the box, we were happy to see purple peppers, eggplant, and artichokes.

My husband Peter delighted in cooking the amaranth as you would cook any other greens by sauteeing them. He refers to them as "callaloo", a dish made in the Caribbean.
It is a very simple recipe to chop onions, garlic, Amaranth, purple peppers, and some of the green beans and sautee in a wok with your cooking oil of choice.

I also made some amaranth myself with a crisper tray that turns any oven into an air fryer. I chopped it with onions, and green beans added some spray olive oil and seasonings and baked it for about 10 mins on 350 degrees. it turned out very crunchy and I used it to top my cheese pizza slice, yum!

Looking forward to our next box!

No comments:

Post a Comment