Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Thank you Norwich Meadow Farms, Red Jacket Orchards and Norwood CSA for my first CSA experience

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thank you Norwich Meadow Farms, Red Jacket Orchards and Norwood CSA for my first CSA experience

by Elizabeth Burgos



Thank you Norwich Meadow Farms, Red Jacket Orchards and Norwood CSA for my first CSA experience.

It has come to an end as today is our last summer share pick up. I am so glad I joined this year and was able to get some amazing fresh produce every week.  I never knew what a CSA was until I asked a friend where she was getting her vegetables from.  She always posted pictures of fresh vegetables that would make your mouth water.  She told me to Google to see if there is a CSA in my neighborhood and the many benefits of joining. Not only would I be getting fresh organic vegetables and fruits, but I would be supporting a local farm too.

After some digging, I found Norwood CSA Food Co-op! The process of joining was so simple and straight forward.  I started following Norwich Meadow Farms on Instagram and was so excited and impressed on how hard they work and the information they provide about their farming. I couldn’t wait to taste the fresh fruit from Red Jacket Orchards (Apples are so sweet and crunchy). 

The main reason I joined a CSA is getting fresh organic produce from a local farm. Each week there was a new vegetable I never tried and probably would have never tried! The CSA gave me a way of trying new things. It saved me a great amount of time to just pick up my weekly vegetables rather than going to a supermarket.  It saved me money! Organic produce is expensive, the bounty of vegetables would have cost so much more at a market.  An added bonus was the special buys; I was being able to purchase eggs and yogurt.  I have an 11-month daughter and it was awesome knowing her first solids were coming from a local farm! 

What a great experience partnering up with your local community and supporting the local food system. It’s a WIN WIN.

 I am looking forward to next year :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment