Norwood CSA Food Co-op: Cabbage & beets, together as one.. jar of pickles

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Cabbage & beets, together as one.. jar of pickles


It's still pretty hot outside, and I don't much feel like cooking.  A couple of weeks ago I suggested that you pickle your beans, and this week I suggest a similar fate for your surplus cabbage.

I love both cabbage and beets, but when I don't really feel like turning the oven on, what's to be done with them?  Shred 'em and pickle 'em is my solution!  This cabbage and beet salad recipe makes good use of these share ingredients.

Feeling adventurous?  Add some (or a lot) of crushed chili flakes to your pickle recipe.

Pictured:
Annual of true blue seeds.
From the Biodiversity Heritage Library and the U.S. Department of Agriculture, National Agricultural Library

No comments:

Post a Comment